The Llyn Gwynant Barns
Printable documents: Weddings at Llyn Gwynant barns 2019, Weddings at Llyn Gwynant barns 2020 or see our online Wedding Brochure for Llyn Gwynant Barns but you need Adobe Flash to do so. The Llyn Gwynant Barns is an outstanding venue for celebrations of all kinds and the Big Function Barn is licensed for weddings. These imposing Grade II-listed stone buildings are set in a very beautiful natural environment beside Llyn Gwynant lake, surrounded by private fields. Events can be fully or partly self-catered using the facilities in the Kitchen Barn and guests can opt to camp in the barn fields, making this a cost-effective as well as beautiful location for your wedding. The standard hire is for two days.
- The Big Barn is a wonderful large room, 12 x 12 metres, with a high roof, tall oak windows, a stage at one end and large glass doors opening out to the lake. There is a stone fireplace and woodburner, see our Big barn page for more details.
- The Kitchen Barn has a new commercial kitchen at one end and wooden tables, benches and seating at the other, see Kitchen barn page for more.
- The Tall Barn forms the entrance to the Big Barn. There are steep steps on one side to alpine-style sleeping platforms for 20–30 people; no beds or bedding are provided.
- An internal toilet block accessed from the Big Barn has three toilet cubicles including one wheelchair accessible, two hot showers, additional basins, and many mirrors.
- The Barn Yard outside has parking for about 30 cars, and an outside toilet block with porcelain toilets and washbasins. There are two electric hook-ups here.
- Two camping fields, Barn Field and Cae Hendre, which are not visible from the public campsite, run down to the lake. When hiring the barns, you get private use of these fields, which can be used for tent camping or small campervans; in addition, there is space for a few caravans beside the hedgerow at the top of the Barn Field, where there are four electric hook-ups. Further parking is available on the campsite overflow car park by arrangement.