We work hard to showcase the creative and hard-working suppliers through our directory because we believe they are amazing at what they do.
In this article, we have summarised 15 things they love you to know!
To make sure you take notes so that you can sit back and get relaxed from the very moment of planning until your wedding day.
May these gems make wedding planning a whole lot lovelier for you.
- Don’t be swayed by other people. If you have a love for interiors or fashion, then let that be your inspiration. Your wedding should reflect your own personality. If you don’t want white tablecloths or white dress, then don’t have them!
- Once you have chosen your marquee provider and caterer, they will do much of the logistics for you leaving yourself to consider the design aspects, flowers, colours and so on. Don’t be daunted because by choosing a marquee wedding you are creating a day that is unique to you. The marquee company and the caterer will take away all the stress and manage all the logistics for you.
- If you’re hosting a winter wedding, take into consideration the time of your ceremony. It gets dark earlier which means all important photo shoots have a minimal window of time. Make sure there’s room in your schedule.
- Your wedding day will fly by in a whirlwind of events and celebrations with friends and family. The one thing that lasts from your day is your photographs. Make sure you have a handful of group shots built into your day. It doesn’t have to be a long process; just 15 minutes of organised groups will be a beautiful memory of your day for decades to come.
- To ensure your invitations look elegant, try to keep the amount of text to a minimum. Be selective about what you include about the day itself, and it’s nice to save a few surprises.
- Give yourself enough time to order your dream wedding dress! We advise 3-6 months regarding ordering and accommodating fittings. Some designers can offer brides priority orders and shorter timescales, others cannot, and that can be heart-breaking when you have your heart set on a dress.
- There will be many obstacles on the way to your day but don’t give up! There’s a silver lining in every cloud, and before you know it you and your partner will be dancing away on your big day so make sure to have much fun – it’s a magical day in both your lives.
- Check your stationery proofs; it will save the stress and cost of last-minute reprints. A final check is ideal to see what you expect to. As well as the text, double check you’re happy with the layout – it’s the last opportunity you’ll have to make any little changes.
- When it comes to bridesmaid shopping, try not to have a particular colour or style in mind. Instead, try to be a little more open-minded and have a couple of tones/colours in mind. Similarly, when it comes to style, your dream dress may be another girl’s hell. A bit of flexibility will go a long way while picking the dresses.
- Booking early is the best way to secure your first choice in wedding entertainment at a competitive price. Wedding bands and DJs are booked up further in advance than you might think so don’t let the right one slip away! Moreover, pay close attention to real reviews from real couples to help you make the right decision!
- Not every bride gets ‘The Feeling’ when finding their bridal gown. It can take time to come to a decision yet bridal shows in the media portray the perfect moment when you walk out, and your loved ones cry with happiness, and you know it’s ‘the one. This is not the case for every bride so don’t feel pressured or overwhelmed that you’ve not had ‘the moment’. Selecting a bridal gown is, for most brides, one of the most important decisions about the wedding so don’t let other people’s experiences dampen your journey. If you need time, take it and ‘Be the Perfect You’.
- Enjoy yourselves! Don’t spend time worrying about whether the caterers will turn up or if the car will break down or if it might rain instead of stepping back and enjoying the fruits of those years and months of planning. The planning is done, everyone has a role to play, it is time to step back and enjoy every second, and this will shine through in your photos.
- Don’t lose focus of the marriage by overthinking the wedding. Keep your perspective. Only couples they know what is supposed to happen and when, if something doesn’t go to plan don’t worry… no one was expecting it any other way.
- If anyone tells you that it’s bad luck to see your future husband/wife before the ceremony, ignore them. It’s a total myth. Many couples choose now to have a ‘first look’. This is where you meet together before the ceremony to have 10 minutes alone or with your photographer before the ceremony starts. It’s just the best time to have 10 minutes with your loved one alone, with no one around. It helps settle those nerves and certainly adds to the excitement.
- Don’t wait until you’ve lost weight. Even if you do drop from a 14 to a 10, your basic body shape will be the same but just smaller, i.e. ‘once a pear shape always a pear shape’. Waiting until you’ve said goodbye to your weight could mean kissing goodbye to your most pinned gown because you’ve left it too late.
The goal of the above article is to make sure you feel a whole lot more knowledgeable, prepared and in control with your wedding planning.
2019 is looking better already!
If you’d like to find out more about reliable suppliers who can make your big day a bit more unusual and lot memorable, visit Weddified. You will find a brilliant selection of wedding suppliers, all of whom are waiting to hear from you.