Marilyn Monroe, Cleopatra, Farrah Fawcett, and Halle Berry; every era and generation has its own definition of beauty. They have their own perspectives on what a perfect face and body should look like.
According to this 1933 chart specific definitions, a perfect face includes these seven golden essential features:
- Length of the face equals the length of three noses.
- The width of an eye in between the eyes.
- Upper and lower lips are the same widths.
- Symmetrical eyebrows are conforming to the line of the nose.
- Space from the lower eyelid to the upper eyelid is the same as space between the upper eyelid and eyebrow.
- Eyebrow begins on the same line as the corner of the eye nearest to the nose.
- The width of the face across cheeks is equal to two lengths of the nose.
While the readers probably tempted to start staring the mirror to see how they measure up, don’t worry if you don’t.
Nowadays, beauty is all about flattering the face and working with what you have, so transforming into another person with entirely different features is neither practical nor desirable idea.
Let’s score yourself one for the modern beauty.